Welcome to my Home Studio

Welcome to my Home Studio
Hard at work, click photo to go to website

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lots of Sales this Month:>)



Finally finished the set of four Butterfly plates and bowls. (you can see the whole set here) Made eight plates and one broke as greenware, one broke in the bisque firing and two developed cracks in the glaze firing. I don't know why I always have so much trouble with the custom orders:>(

I am very much pleased with how they turned out though, so it was worth it. The lady that ordered them, doesn't want them till the end of the month, so I am entering them in an Art Contest next week.

I also got a custom order for six small mugs with names, for the customers six children. At first she wanted seven, but then realized they hadn't picked a name out yet for the, as yet, unborn #7 child:>)

I have another custom order for six espresso cups from a lady whose fiancée is a famous barista. It seems he collects handmade espresso cups, and she ordered them for his birthday. I just glazed ten and will post a photo when they are done.

I have also been very busy making personalized special order mugs. If any of you want some for Christmas for your friends and family, now is the time to order, because they can take 6 to 8 weeks to make, and the orders are starting to pour in. I can put any name or saying on them you wish. You can see them here: Personalized Mugs

Well, back to work, on a very busy week!

No comments: