Welcome to my Home Studio

Welcome to my Home Studio
Hard at work, click photo to go to website

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Espresso Sunrise


We are excited to announce our new line of hand-built wheel-thrown pottery called Espresso Sunrise. My husband and I thought of many names for this new line, but decided Espresso Sunrise was descriptive of the colors and design. We have put the first few pieces up on our website and spent the day glazing many more. Stay tuned for many more pieces to come.
A little about how we glazed the pots.
My husband is not a potter, but he came into my studio today and asked if he could help glaze. I have about 30 pieces I want to do in the Espresso Sunrise colors. I decided the easiest way to glaze them would be to cut out circles from contact paper, stick them on the pots, glaze in the black licorice take off the contact paper and then fill in the circles with Albany slip. I can't pour or dip as the contact paper will let in the glaze if it is not thick enough. Anyway, he did a wonderful job on helping me.

No comments: